On behalf of my client, a global beverage manufacturer based in the West of Ireland, I am recruiting for a Flavours Scientist to join their growing team.
The key responsibilities of this role will be to perform complex physical and/or chemical analysis of raw materials, in process products and finished goods; prepares detailed reports with recommendations and performs routine maintenance and safety checks on laboratory equipment.
- Perform basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput using the required chemical, analytical and/ or sensorial methodology according to quality guidelines.
- Interpret data from routine and non-routine analyses in order to validate that ingredients/materials meet specifications. Record results & write technical reports.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation (e.g., troubleshooting, conducting preventative maintenance, calibrating and repairing).
- Organize workflow and task schedules to maximize laboratory efficiency (e.g., prioritize sample analysis, assign tasks, preventative maintenance).
- Train and instruct Laboratory analysts/scientists.
- Work to and ensure self and team compliance to quality management system requirements through training, documentations, quality records and audits.
- Perform data audit in order to ensure accuracy of data and analytical processes. This may include database queries, statistical process control or correlation study.
- Lead research projects and develop or validate laboratory test methods or equipment (sampling, monitoring, analytical procedures) in order to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results. This may include performing capability studies.
Skills, requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Science preferably Analytical Chemistry, Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiology with a demonstrated aptitude to relate business and technical requirements.
- Post Graduate MSc. In Chemistry or Microbiology is preferable.
- 8+ years relevant experience in a Laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical Industry.
- Experience in Beverage technology and flavour chemistry is desirable.
- Experience of trouble shooting is desirable.
- 10% Regional and global travel
If you are interested in applying for this role please call Nicola on +353 1 2784671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com