- Prepare, manage and assume full responsibility for the monthly accounting close and monthly/quarterly reporting process presenting monthly financials to the Senior Management team
- Prepare and approve accounting transactions and account reconciliations, providing relevant information to the Senior Management team.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers to resolve any queries regarding invoices, process and maintain purchase orders throughout their entire life cycle, maintaining expense logs of Senior Management team.
- Responsible for the resolution of any issues arising in the day to day activities of the finance function.
- Responsible for the maintenance of ledger integrity and ensuring all submodules reconcile to the ledger.
- Ensure financial compliance with all applicable laws and tax regulations, ensure all filing requirements (IRE & UK VAT, Intrastat & Vies) are complied with.
- Develop and maintain the internal controls related to accounting and financial reporting system, policies, controls and procedures.
- Prepare grant applications and Revenue R&D Tax credits applications and present to Senior Management.
- Get involved in other company initiatives, project work, i.e. ISO certification, tender responses, potential new business development initiatives, project assessments
- Communicate effectively with non-financial personnel as well as external auditors by providing timely and accurate data and communication.
- Work with team to manage staff holidays and maintain records of holiday balances.
- Proactively lead or assist, as appropriate on ad – hoc duties and projects.
Education & Experience:
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience preferably in a manufacturing environment. Practice accounting / training background is a distinct advantage.
- Experience of working in an owner-managed business is an advantage.
- Strong presence with proven track record of presenting to Senior Management.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, teamwork and integrity - discretion and confidentiality is imperative in this role
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to multi task and succeed in a deadline driven environment, a quick learner with a can-do attitude who will not stop until resolution is achieved.
- IT - Strong IT administrative abilities (Proficient in Excel, MS Office)
- Ability to build, manage and sustain internal and external networks and partnerships
- Track record of driving continuous improvement and cultural change