Cpl are working with a National Media Group to recruit a Financial Accountant to undertake a long-term contract within their Belfast based Finance team. This role will report to the Head of Finance and day-to-day responsibility includes direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting and compliance, supporting the delivery of month end accounts, weekly forecasting, budget preparation, general/adhoc financial matters and the identification and delivery of accounting and operational efficiencies.
- Providing timely and accurate month end accounts, cost management delivery and weekly and monthly forecasts
- Take ownership of the allocated revenue and cost lines in the respective entities PL’s and pro-actively manage the relevant balance sheet codes to produce accurate and timely results
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with our outsourced financial partners, publishing finance team colleagues and senior executives of the business to satisfy their financial needs
- Challenge relevant operational department heads to achieve and if possible, outperform budget
- Assist with the preparation of the year-end financial statements and liaise with the relevant members of the audit and taxation teams
- Ensure ongoing compliance with the initiatives and policies implemented by the Internal Audit Function
- Qualified Accountant with 3-4+ yrs PQE in an industry financial role
- Ability to deal with growth and change
- Comfortable with systems
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with non-financial areas of the business
- Strong technical skills, specifically around revenue recognition
A competitive Salary is on offer for the right candidate.
For further details please call Darrach on 02890725622 or apply directly below