FINANCE MANAGER -
My client, a Galway based global multinational company seeks to hire an experienced Finance Manager we specific experience managing teams within the areas of AP, AR, and Treasury. This is a permanent role, reporting to the Director of Finance.
- Lead and manage a high-performance Finance Team including AR, AP, & Treasury
- Continuously review and improve finance processes, systems and procedures to streamline our accounting functions, drive measurable improvements in outputs, productivity and quality of information produced.
- Continually develop and improve the professional skills, competences and business knowledge and profile of finance team members.
- Ensure all monthly schedules, reconciliations and journals are approved
- Manage annual financial audit and preparation of statutory audited accounts
- Ensure the individual company accounts and related intercompany pricing, journals and cost allocations are compliant with transfer pricing documentation
- Ensure all statutory returns and statistical returns are submitted accurately within deadlines
- Maintain a robust system of internal controls, accounting and finance procedures to safeguard company assets, monitor financial performance and meet audit requirements
- Promote regulatory compliance
- Coordination of insurance renewals for the Group on an annual basis ensuring adequate cover is in place and manage all claims in conjunction with insurance broker
- Liaise with HR to ensure all payroll is coded correctly on the accounting system
- Manage the AP team to ensure all purchase invoices are processed and paid efficiently
- Dealing with any escalation of invoice queries
- Review aged creditors listing on a monthly basis and seek clarification where required
- Review creditor reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Investigate and implement IT improvements that help improve productivity of the AP team.
- Monitor controls in place for the approval of purchase invoices to ensure best practice.
- Prepare/Monitor rolling 12-week cash flow forecasts
- Review Invoice Finance balances on a daily basis and ensure all reserves are correct.
- Prepare weekly report showing overall Group cash position
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecast for inclusion in financial pack
- Secure lease finance where appropriate for plant and equipment capital expenditure
- Manage the AR team to ensure all customer invoices are collected in an efficient manner
- Dealing with any escalation of customer account queries
- Review and monitor aged debtors listing on a monthly basis and keep ageing current
- Review monthly debtor’s scorecard and ensure account allocations are up to date with minimal credit balances held
- Support the Accounts Receivable Controller in chasing debt collections through litigation
- Investigate and implement IT improvements that help improve productivity of the AR team.
- Monitor controls in place for the approval of customer rebates to ensure best practice.
- Ensure invoice discounting is reconciled monthly along with efficient drawdown methods
- Qualified Accountant preferably with Big 4 training background, but not essential
- Minimum 5 years’ post qualification experience
- Proven commercial/operational finance track record in large, complex and demanding environment.
- Previous manufacturing experience would be a significant advantage, but not essential.
- Strong analytical, financial reporting and auditing exposure.
- Demonstrable experience of influence and impact on business decisions.
- Target and Results driven.
- High business acumen and the ability to build effective working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, written and presentation.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to lead an established Finance team.
- Candidates will also display clear leadership qualities and performance management skills.
- Previous experience with a leading ERP system (e.g. SAP) would be a significant advantage.
For consideration, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org