Business Partner /Financial Controller
A key member of the Cork Operations Controlling leadership team, with primary responsibility for all financial matters affecting the Cork Site.
- Principal Financial Advisor and Partner to Operations Leaders
- Provides financial decision support on a wide scope of operational and strategic matters impacting the achievement of the site objectives.
- Manages all areas of financial support
- Prepares the Financial Budget and provides the Business, Operations, and Corporate Finance, with business forecasts and related business insights.
- Partners with operations to develop appropriate Standard Product Costs and leads effort to evaluate/establish appropriate levels of inventory reserves for defined area of responsibility. Performs financial investment analysis and contributes to the preparation of applications for capital and operating investments.
- Demonstrates functional excellence in positional responsibilities, including but not limited to: Operating Plan, Periodic Forecasts, Product Cost Setting, Reporting and ensuring efficiency of each process. Uses the MM Process Excellence Tools and Methodologies (including relevant certifications) to improve processes, eliminate waste, and create value for Operations and the Finance function. Develops and documents standard financial processes with a focus on implementing common financial processes and practices across operations.
Requirements for candidate
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Demonstrated excellence across excel, ERP and PowerPoint -expectation to produce and drive their own daily, weekly & monthly analysis
- Strong Interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), and presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen and Judgment, and current knowledge of the manufacturing site’s markets/products and industry trends. Able to think strategically about business issues.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Regulations and Company Accounting Policies and Practices, and unquestioned integrity in the application of such standards.
- Strong Business Analysis, Financial Planning and Reporting Skills that generate business insights that add measurable value. Current knowledge of current trends in finance and functional best-practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a Matrix Environment, and capable of gaining commitment and coordinated action for initiatives. Maintains effective working relationships across the company, at the divisional, functional, and corporate level.
- 8+ years of relevant Operations Finance experience with demonstrated success in a variety of business environments and leadership positions.