Duties & Responsibilities:
- Team function
- A key stakeholder in the preconstruction stage of a project advising of cost at every juncture. The Estimator must be a good forward planner and will be required to make judgement / assessment in relation to budget costs from limited information. The Estimator will be expected to work closely with other professionals including construction planners, project commercial teams including VMS procurement, planners and design teams, so team working skills are essential.
- Key tasks & results areas
- Finding out what the client wants.
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs for a manufacturing environment.
- Gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers and subsequent analysis.
- To capture contract specification ensuring technical and commercial compliance and provide clearly identified price and specifications to the commercial team all in the form of a detailed Bill of Quantities.
- Preparation and collation of relevant information / documentation for handover meeting(s), ensuring all teams are suitably briefed.
- Assessing the level of risk on a project.
- Analysing company data, exchange rates and prices using software packages.
- Maintain an accurate database for historical data.
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work.
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities.
- Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are in line with forecasts.
- Arrange and complete site visits.