On behalf of our client, a global manufacturing medical devices company, we are currently recruiting for an Environment, Health and Safety Specialist.
To proactively promote a positive Health and Safety environment for all employees. The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist will provide technical support on occupational safety, ergonomic issues and other relevant environmental, health and safety issues.
Reporting to: Facilities Manager
- Carry out risk assessments and implement appropriate control measures.
- Implement and update EHS control procedures as required.
Develop training programmes and provide training on EHS.
- Advise department managers on EHS issues relevant to their particular department.
- Ensure compliance with statutory legislation and internal policies and procedures.
- Coordinate environmental controls and ensure compliance with IPC licence.
- Ensure records are maintained. Generate reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaise with external EHS Agencies e.g. HSA, EPA. Ensure compliance with all environmental licenses for the facility.
- Coordinate site environmental waste management and drive continuous improvements.
- Ensure compliance with Battery, WEEE and Waste Packaging Directives for Europe.
- Act as a designee for the Facilities Manager for change control review as per Quality System Procedures.
- Provide administrative and technical support relating to EHS practices and procedures for European Field Based Employees.
- Coordinate and control all aspects of radiological protection including schedules and records.
- Coordinate procurement, supply, provision and maintenance of personal protective equipment and personal monitoring equipment.
- Control all associated records and monitoring results.
Analyse data and results, initiate corrective measures as required.
- Coordinate meetings and provide information and training.
- Coordinate occupational vaccination programs in conjunction with HR.
- Coordinate occupational health surveillance programs.
- Carryout accident investigations and generate reports.
- Relevant third level qualification and/or relevant experience.
- A number of years experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Experience in IPC licence and environmental management.
- Knowledge on CE certification of equipment.
- Knowledge and experience of Occupational/Industrial hygiene.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer software.
- Willingness and availability to travel on company business.
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Deirdre on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. Tel: +353 1 2784671