Principle accountabilities include but are not limited to
- Responsible for ensuring that the maintenance & operations activities are carried out in compliance with the safety procedures on site and continuous effort is made to reduce risks to the site and personnel.
- Responsible for protecting the environment through the correct management of waste from maintenance & other activities and the effective management of the performance of the Waste Water Treatment Plant.
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance and utilities activities are completed in compliance with all GMP requirements and patient safety is protected.
- Put in place processes to drive continuous improvement across all performance criteria in a sustainable and effective manner to drive the facilities function, particularly around equipment reliability.
- Align management practices and improvement planning with Dublin site and Guerbet strategic plans and values.
- Manage the Utilities systems to ensure plant on stream targets are met through the Utilities Supervisor.
- Manage the Utilities and Energy activities for the Dublin facility – electricity, natural gas, city water and waste water discharge through the Energy Engineer.
- Manage the preventative maintenance programme and instrument calibration programme through the Maintenance Supervisor & Maintenance Planner and Maintenance Specialist.
- Manage the Facilities costs to ensure that budget targets are achieved and continuous improvement in efficiency increases competitiveness, specifically:
- Maintenance Parts & consumables.
- Maintenance contracts.
- Primary Engineering Degree/Post graduate engineering qualification desirable, but not essential.
- At least 7 years post graduate experience in large scale manufacturing with some pharmaceutical experience desirable.
- Budget Awareness/adherence.
- Good influencing skills
- Ability to people manage/leadership qualities and team player.
- Proven experience leading continuous improvement projects (Lean, TPM, Six Sigma)
- Strong problem resolution, judgement and decision making skills.
- Proven Project Management skills.