An award winning international pharma company in drug manufacturing and development, is looking for an Engineering Manager to join their growing team.
The successful person will be responsible for all aspects of Utilities, Facilities, Projects, CAPEX, Automation and Site Security. Opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art facility, joining a team dedicated to integrity and the highest level of quality. Join a team that helps people improve their health and lives.
- Managing the Engineering Group, to include recruitment, training and development, and performance management of staff.
- Planning, organising, directing and controlling activities within the Engineering Group in order to meet defined company, plant and engineering objectives.
- Managing the engineering budget to include the assembly of yearly budgets, adhering to budgets, instigating cost improvement projects to reduce budget spend and management of the capital expenditure programme for the Plant.
- Management of all internal and external construction projects. Previous demonstrable experience of construction must be evident
- Leading CAPEX and major site projects
- Inputting and driving a 5 year site plan in terms of Engineering strategy and support.
- Working with QA to develop the area of automation within the plant and compliance to data integrity
- Ensuring all engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate GMP standards (HPRA and FDA amongst others) and current Environmental Health and Safety Standards and Legislation
- Initiating and promoting cross functional partnerships to ensure the Plant Team consisting of Internal Manufacturing, Technical Affairs Engineering and EHS are working together effectively to meet plant objectives. In particular working closely with Internal Manufacturing to ensure customer delivery targets are met.
- Managing all engineering systems including facilities calibrations, facilities preventative maintenance, change controls and KPI indicators
- Reporting on departmental performance.
- Managing all aspects of security within the company, including the contract security company which provides after hours cover.
- Managing engineering activities to provide a high level of service with minimum disruption to business operations.
- Leading the engineering team in process designs, development, continuous improvement and any engineering aspects of technology transfer projects from other sites or building projects.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience, gained in a compliant, dynamic, solid dosage or/and steriles/biotech finished pharmaceutical environment, preferably with an FDA accredited plant.
- Experience in facilities/utilities management, automation and projects. A Project Management qualification is desirable.
- Highly effective people management skills. Experience of managing engineers at all levels along with cross functional teams. Part of a Site Leadership team.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills- Must be well organised in approach to work and disciplined in the evaluation of priorities and reaction to same.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written along with an ability to communicate ideas, concepts and projects clearly and positively
*Competitive salary and package on offer – DOE