Job Title: Electrical Substation Design Engineer
Status: Full time, Permanent role
Salary: DOE plus attractive benefits package
Our client a leading Energy Services Company are seeking a committed Electrical Substation Design Engineer. The ideal candidate will be involved in the delivery of a wide range of renewable projects including Wind, Solar and Bioenergy and stages from design, tendering, construction and commissioning. The Electrical Substation Design Engineer will report to the Electrical Engineering Manager.
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that electrical element of projects including contestable grid infrastructure is monitored, maintained and delivered on time, within budget and to the expected quality standard.
- Review electrical design to identify gaps and deviations or contradictions in specifications
- Complete technical assessments and resolve technical issues maintaining the Project Programme.
- Monitor submittals, approvals process and track procurement and delivery of long-lead items.
- Analyse commissioning phases in relation to specifications, drawings, materials, and equipment.
- Attend site visits and meetings to inspect & supervise keys works.
- Endorse tests for all major electrical plant and factory tests.
- Line with stakeholders the initial dispatch tests on renewable projects during the commissioning phase and until maximum export capacity is achieved.
- Responsible for the commissioning process and review requirements.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar (level 8).
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in utility design, construction, and electrical works
- Demonstrable electrical trade background and experience in renewables projects.
- Full clean drive licence.
- Exceptional communication skills with a strategic approach.
- Ability to make considered and effective decisions.
This is an immediate role. Please reply (in strict confidence) with up to date CV today to:
Sandra Brennan E: Sandra@techskills.ie