My client, a global CRO company based in Co. Mayo, is currently looking for an EHS Specialist to join their team.
1. Implement and review health & safety systems and procedures, update and maintain systems to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
2. To provide assistance to local managers with assessments and other practical requirements as necessary under H&S legislation.
3. To assist in the operation, development and organisation of safety and health monitoring schemes, including written policies, record keeping and monitoring.
4. To undertake incident investigations as necessary, record and report monthly accident/incident statistics to management.
5. To liaise with the Facilities Department in relation to maintaining the fire safety systems as required by legislation.
6. To manage and monitor the Contractors program on-site.
7. To liaise with internal and external Enforcing Authorities as required.
8. To carry out regular H&S audits/inspections.
9. To assist in staff safety training.
10. To maintain suitable and sufficient records relating to all H&S matters.
11. Liaise with the facility environmental staff and other departments including but not limited to operations, maintenance and procurement in order to lead and coordinate the facilitys sustainability efforts. This shall include but not be limited to:
a) Leading the site sustainability team via monthly meetings in its efforts to reduce the sites environmental impact including energy use/CO2, water and waste.
b) Implementing sustainability initiatives and programs based on guidance from the companys Global Sustainability Department.
c) Educate, inspire and lead employees to help make Charles River a more sustainable company.
d) Entering waste and water data into the company sustainability database (Resource Advisor) and preparing reports for site management on progress vs goals
Qualifications and Requirements
BSc. in Environmental Health & Safety
5+ years of working in a Pharma Environment.
Ability to work to tight timescales
Takes ownership of projects.
Knowledge of Biosecurity levels preferable.
Good working knowledge of storage and disposal of chemicals
Proven track record of dealing with a waste management system
For more information and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. Www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671