Fiserv is a global provider of financial services technology. Our clients include banks, thrifts, credit unions, securities broker dealers, leasing and finance companies, and retailers. In Nenagh, we are building the next generation of commerce infrastructure, services and analytics to support continued growth of our business.
We are currently looking at expanding our technology centre and are seeking people who want to work on core product for deployment on a global scale. We want to talk with people who want to;
- Create better experiences for users
- Prioritise ease of use and functionality
- Build and deploy new services
- Ask questions of the biggest datasets
- Be passionate, impactful and Be first
- Join a team on a mission
DevOps Engineers will, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary delivery team, be responsible for the deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of critical enterprise API platform in production.
The Fiserv Internet Payment Gateway (IPG) is an enterprise scale system that is capable of processing upwards of 1000 transactions per second. You as a team member will be required to ensure those non-functional requirements for performance, scalability, availability and overall system resilience are considered and maintained throughout. You will be working as part of a global distributed development organization using Agile Scrum methods.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing software on production systems; ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Achieving a delivery process supporting continuous deployment.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Operational Acceptance Testing to assure the quality of our products / services.
- Technical support of the department with regard to questions about SDLC, the monitoring and the environment setup/configuration.
- Production hand-over activities the participation in on-call availability where required.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across infrastructure and application domains.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security with best in class security solutions.
- Contribute significantly to implementing technical solutions and improvements within a collaborative, high trust, solutions delivery team.
- Work independently when required, communicating regularly with stakeholders on solution implementation.
- Stay up to date on technology trends, direction and innovation related to business process and technology areas of focus for the position; Provide technical coaching on complex issues to colleagues.
- Be a proactive stakeholder in product quality.
- Ability to analyse and prioritize incidents and determine root cause and thereafter effect resolution of issues in a timely manner.
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills and a strong customer focus.
- Build a knowledge base on the applications and acquire subject matter expertise on the overall line of business.
- Knowledge transfer, active support and educational development of internal and external team members.
- Collaborate with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise, to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions.
- Will perform additional job duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- 4+ years’ experience in DevOps engineering or similar role.
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Very good knowledge preferably in several following technologies:
- AWS Cloud and Cloud Orchestration Tools (Terraform, etc.)
- Containerization Docker/Kubernetes
- Salt, Linux Shell-Scripts
- ELK stack Grafanna
- Experienced in runtime, build and deployment technologies and state-of-the-art project tools: CI/CD, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Eclipse, JIRA and Confluence.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python, bash or PowerShell) and automation skills.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Experienced in runtime, build and deployment technologies and state-of-the-art project tools: CI/CD, GIT, Maven, Eclipse, JIRA and Confluence.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science, business informatics or mathematics. Comparable education or professional experience also considered.
- High on social skills, team spirit and empathy.
- Willingness to take ownership and ability to show strong personal commitment for the department and the team goals; must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not afraid to take on responsibility in the team.
- Ability to communicate clearly to business analysts and stakeholders as well as technical-representatives.
- Very strong and proven communication and coordination skills, open-minded and determined.
- Responsible for planning, highlighting and implementing possible improvements for existing and new applications.
- Can do, Will do attitude: You will be joining a founding team first and a large organisation second. This is exciting, you will wear many hats, some you will be familiar with and others will be an opportunity to develop.