General Description & DUTIES
The Data Centre Operations and IT Technician is the front line of all our Keppel facilities and must adhere to our Core Values with particular focus attention on Customer and display a positive Can Do attitude.
The DC and IT Tech will be responsible for providing a high level of customer care for both internal and external customers which includes the support of the local IT infrastructure and projects assigned such as the installation of structured cabling and equipment across all sites in Dublin. The role will involve working with IT colleagues in Singapore to ensure the Irish operations remains fully supported and compliant.
To ensure proactive customer contact to effect service improvements and to identify opportunities to provide additional services so as to meet or exceed customers’ expectations.
- To provide a highly positive customer interface to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction;
- To provide Coaxial/copper/fibre structured cabling installations and IT installations and support to meet specified customer needs; and
- To provide engineering support in a Keppel data centre
- Provide support to customers on a daily basis and on call if required
- Install customers equipment and cable installations according to specification
- Receive requests from customers to check and diagnose equipment and connectivity and work with customers to implement solutions
- Liaise positively and proactively with customers in order to resolve any issues and exceed their expectations
- Carry out media/ back up tape changes
- Ensure that an accurate record is kept of all work carried out
- Ensure that Keppel buildings are clean, safe and secure by rigidly following safety and security procedures
- Ensure adherence to all Keppel processes and procedures
- Maintain a duty of care for everyone on site - immediately report any health and safety concerns, or anything unsafe or potentially dangerous to management and stop the work continuing
- Monitor and check plant and equipment and escalate problems or anticipated problems to ensure continued provision of service
End User Devices support
- Perform approved images for new laptop.
- Perform Data Migration for new purchased laptop
- Perform Procurement process for all end user devices including monitors and accessories
- Perform installation and configuration of all end user devices according to Keppel policy (including accessing to file share server, print server, fax and IP calls, anti-virus software, window 10 and etc.)
- Asset tagging for all end user devices
- Predictive failure of hardware for end user devices to perform preventive maintenance.
- Level 2 Support and troubleshoot of SOE application and any other authorised Laptop application
- Level 2 support, troubleshoot and maintenance for computer laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Software installation, deployment, maintenance for SOE application and another authorised laptop application
- Repairs on computers, laptops, printers and other authorised peripheral equipment
- Deployment and retirement of computer laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
- Desktop and end user related devices for deployment and cessation
- File & print support and administration
- Event Services support including conference calls and board meeting setup
- Providing a resource when required to be onsite due to the above task requirement or any other support related to end user and network connectivity.
- Representing as an Onsite IT personal for KDC-Ireland to communicate to Keppel appointed 3rd party on investigating of IT related issue.
- Ensure all incidents are captured, reported and escalated accordingly and always at the top hand information of the issue.
- Ensuring all activities of end user are compliance to legal regulation of Ireland and the right protection are applied to the required solution.
- Liaise with 3rd party network team to ensure corrective action plans are implemented for any security related issues
· Organisational skills
· Time management skills and the ability to prioritise
· A logical approach to problem solving
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to diagnose and resolve customers technical problems
· Ability to apply company procedures
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to work on own initiative
Key performance measures
· Positive feedback from customers
· No customer complaints
· IT Security maintained
· All jobs completed within time specified within SLA’s
· All work for customers logged accurately in remedy
· No faults on work undertaken for customers
· Correct diagnosis of customer issues
· All health and safety requirements met
· Adherence to company systems, processes and procedures
· Thorough hand over of work to colleagues at end of shift
· Site maintained to a high standard – clean and tidy
· On time or early for shift hand-over
· Positive feedback from work colleagues
· Identification of additional customer requirements
Work experience/Qualifications - requirements
· Experience in working in IT onsite support
· Successful completion of network plus training course (or similar) with certification
· Microsoft certified with administration skills
· Sharepoint experience
· Understanding of internet technologies and experience with implementing these e.g. TCP/IP
· Experience of IT support e.g. help desk or desk side support
· DC Pro certification in Data Centre operations
· Excellent communication skills and fluent in English.
· Proficient in supporting Microsoft products
· Experience of installing coaxial, copper and fibre cable
· Experience of splicing fibre advantageous
· Full Driving License and own vehicle Required
Preferred Knowledge / Experience
· Experience working in a Hosting, Managed Services or Data Centre environment
· BMS (Building Management System) knowledge
· Facilities Management knowledge