CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST - GALWAY
One of Galway City’s leading employers, a global medical device organisation, seeks to hire a new customer service specialist to focus on both their domestic and international markets. You will be responsible for all shipping, preparing commercial invoices, order confirmations and confirming order approval, handling customs clearance, monitor inventory levels at warehouses. You will work cross functionally within the organisation with the sales team, warehouse personnel and customers to ensure an excellent customer experience. This role sits within the customer service division, reports to the international customer service manager. This is a permanent role with excellent salaries and benefits on offer.
- Responsible for arranging domestic and international shipments as per Inco terms, handling customs clearance, preparing and confirming order approval.
- Coordinate shipments to and from factory, supplier, site, port and international locations.
- Process complaints
- Prepare and send documentation that coincides with shipments and exportation and are responsible for export regulatory compliance
- They arrange transportation and customs clearance for shipments
- Adherence and awareness of compliance and regulatory guidelines in customer set up and support
- Manage and respond to customer requests for quotations and tenders
- Process fax, telephone, e-mail inquiries and orders to the committed customer timelines
- Resolve all issues with customers regarding pricing, inventory availability, terms, delivery.
- Communicate proactively with internal and (external customers regarding order status and other topics in a professional, positive and courteous manner
- Work with others to ensure that accurate customer information is maintained in SAP
- Stay current with inventory levels and requirements, in particular products on allocation
- Make sure any customer account changes are communicated to relevant owner
- Keep up-to-date on products, inventory, promotions, etc. that are necessary to provide customers with impeccable customer service
- Review and maintain customers open orders on a daily basis
- Communicate team with all changes, issues and potential concerns of all customer accounts
- Work with warehouse or supply chain personnel as needed to ensure customer requirements are met
- Complete all customer or staff requested reporting
- Investigate and resolve service issues reported by customers.
- Responsible for executing applicable Quality Management System (QMS) processes, monitoring the success of service provided, and delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Creating process documents in line with our Quality Management System
- Adhering to the process defined in QMS
- Handle all communication related to, and prepares all required documentation for, AIL Distribution Business orders to meet respective country shipping customs requirements
- Investigate and process credits and Return Goods Authorizations for AIL Distribution Business customers
- Coordinate/communicate with respective brokers to ensure shipments for Private label (made to order) reach final destination.
- Maintain consignee profile sheet
- 3 years + experience of shipping, domestic and export traffic terms, documentation and procedures or proven track record in same.
- Thorough understanding of Customs regulations and export controls
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance and regulatory guidelines for setting up export customers
- Experience handling tasks where attention to detail is critical to success
- Proficiency with Excel and ERP Systems (preferably SAP)
- Experience auditing documents and project requirements.
- Knowledge and comprehension of basic contract terms and conditions
- Previous customer service experience in a comparable industry to MedTech is preferred .
For more information, please contact Peter Casey on 019476205 or firstname.lastname@example.org