Customer Service Exec - Mortgages - Perm - South Dublin
This role is primarily responsible for ensuring that customers receive the level of services that the company is committed to delivering. The role is also primarily responsible for assisting the Customer Services Manager in ensuring the services for Redemptions, Rate Changes, Product Switching, Insurances, Statementing and Complaints Handling, are operating at their most effective and efficient levels.
- Assist in the management of all complaints received from customers. Carry out the required analysis and respond in a proper and professional manner to customer complaints. Carry out a critical and independent review of the complaint. Respond in writing to the complaint in a concise and clear manner and conclude if the complaint should be upheld or rejected. Manage any complaints escalated to the Financial Services Ombudsman (FSO). Carry out root cause analysis on cases that are upheld.
- Assist with the process of ensuring that Interest Rate changes are processed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Assist the Customer Services Manager in ensuring that customer requests for Redemptions and Product Switching are handled by HML in accordance with the agreed procedures and that the associated MIS is accurately gathered.
- Assist the Customer Services Manager in reviewing the Statement layout for accuracy and account details, monitor the number of requests and reason’s for same, ensure annual statements are sent to all Borrowers.
- Manage and monitor the building insurance process – dealing with customers who have allowed their buildings insurance to lapse or have moved their insurance cover to other providers. Provide customers with the appropriate insurance documentation when they switch to the Default Policy or need to make a claim. Reconciliation of refunds, fees and premiums and preparation of the bordereau report to our insurance provider. Management and processing of claims by customers on their own buildings insurance or on the Default Policy.
- Assist the Customer Services Manager in Managing the MARP Appeals process. Maintain a full understanding of the mortgage business, in particular detailed knowledge of the underwriting criteria, detailed knowledge of the Terms and Conditions in the Mortgage Offer Letter and all related contractual obligations, and in particular a full and complete understanding of the CCMA guidelines and the MARP. Objectively analyse MARP appeals and prepare an unbiased report to the Appeals Board for consideration. Analyse data provided in the Standard Financial Statement (SFS), review and audit how a case was managed during the MARP to establish that the company complied with procedures, treated the customer fairly, considered and offered all options available. Where appeals are upheld, assist with the root cause analysis together with a recommendation as to the changes required to correct the reason why the appeal was upheld. Responsible for all communications with the customer including the drafting of the final response letter. Assist in the management of all such appeals escalated to the Financial Services Ombudsman.
- Prepare relevant documentation for all approved payment arrangements and product switch requests agreed under the Mortgage Arrears Resolution Process. Ensure all accounts are correctly switched and advise the customer accordingly, update systems as required and comply with all Central Bank regulatory requirements.
- Gather data required when a request for information is made under the Data Protection Act, review and prepare for dispatch to the customer.
- Deal with customer telephone queries on a wide range of Customer Service issues (e.g. explain internal processes clearly and succinctly, answer mortgage and product related queries).
- Deal with general day to day queries in an efficient and professional manner.
- Monitor and control the reconciliation of refunds to customers to ensure that the process is completed as per the guidelines from the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Monitor deceased accounts and refer to Litigation Department where appropriate.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role within financial services, with good knowledge of general banking products, mortgage lending processes and an understanding of terminology and issues in the sector.
- Proven knowledge of mortgage lending processes, terminology and current issues within the mortgage sector.
- Good knowledge of Excel.
- APA (Loans) or similar qualification is desirable
- Excellent problem solving, data analysis and decision making skills, together with a basic level of numeracy.
- Track record in managing complex situations and handling multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to produce clear, concise, accurate written communication.
- Ability to clearly convey thoughts and ideas to peers, management, 3rd parties & customers and to establish & maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent presentation skills which demonstrate a high degree of professional performance and attention to detail.
- Ability to clearly identify the full scope of a customer’s requirements.
- Proven ability to drive and adhere to documented processes and guidelines.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Customer service focused with confidence to speak directly with customers and manage demanding situations.
- Very strong attention to detail, ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Desire to work in a busy and demanding environment.
- Salary €35K to €45K pa DOE
- Annual leave: 23 days per annum pro rata
- 2 company days
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and Life Assurance at x4 salary from start of employment
- Free car parking available - limited
- All positions are full time working 9.00 - 5.30pm Monday to Friday