Purpose of the role
The Credit Referral Officer is responsible for assessing borderline, high risk or non-automated finance (loans and leasing) applications within agreed policy guidelines. This involves the managing of stakeholder relationships and engaging relevant external stakeholders with a view to resolving issues and making sound decisions in a timely manner.
Accountabilities (high level)
- Daily assessment of credit applications and ensuring all the departmental service standards are maintained.
- Provide high level of customer service to Applicants, Buyers, Sellers and Internal Partners on decision justifications adhering to Privacy Policies and Strict Policy Guidelines.
- Collating Credit Reports, References and Other supporting documents for Credit Submission.
- Ensure database is updated with Buyer detail changes.
- Assist Credit Sales team when required.
- Identify, prevent and manage fraud activity as per policy guidelines.
- Comply with Data Protection, Consumer Credit Acts (where applicable) and Anti-Money Laundering / Counter Terrorism Financing.
- Assessing suitability of assets for new dealer accreditation and other duties as directed.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Ability to produce results, in an environment where stretch objectives are continually set to meet increasing customer expectations.
- Developed analytical skills gained through credit and financial assessment experience.
- A strong strategic, planning and prioritise skills to effectively manage workloads as well as a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Well-developed communication skills that forge solid relationships both internally and externally.
- Knowledge in Irish Credit Bureau would be desired but not essential.
- An open communicator with a positive can-do attitude – demonstrates ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team and proactively contribute to the achievement of team-based goals.
- At least 1-3 years’ work experience within a high-volume customer service environment. Experience in reviewing credit reports, interrogating bank statements, verifying information quickly and reading companies financial information is preferred.
Capabilities & Competencies:
- Engages stakeholders effectively
- Effectively balances risk and return
- Strong ability to exercise independent action and strong decision-making authority, as well as working as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Strong documentation skills and excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and especially Visio) and dbase applications, SAS, CMC, Salesforce and Microsoft Suite