The Credit Analyst will support our client with customer credit approval, portfolio management, implementation of internal controls, audit adherence, risk analysis, AML, and quarterly/ad-hoc reporting requirements.
Reporting to the Senior Credit Analyst, you will be required to carry out the following tasks:
- Conduct thorough analysis of financial statements and assessment of credit requests, including new customer requests, credit reviews, and other ad-hoc change requests.
- Provide recommendations to management based on analysis and assessment of credit risk.
- When required discuss credit applications directly with the customer to better understand their business and financial performance.
- Maintaining credit ownership for application through the entire credit process managing approval or decline communication.
- Effectively manage and monitor portfolio quality on an ongoing basis and proactively report potential risks and opportunities to management.
- Perform KYC/AML checks on customers and escalate issues to compliance as required. Ensure compliance with clients Credit Regulations.
- Proactively identify process improvements opportunities.
- Support key controls and audit compliance activities in relation to the credit function, while ensuring integrity and compliance at all times.
- Review and update policies and procedures.
- Calculate risk ratings based on audited financial statements.
- Complete Central Credit Register enquiry searches where required.
- Update the relevant data fields on Key 2 system following credit approval.
- 2+ years’ experience
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen with ability to interpret business financial statements and key drivers of results.
- Proven analytic, problem-solving abilities
- Organised, detail-oriented, and ability to work efficiently with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills needed such as integrity, assertiveness and initiative
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting or related field
- 2 Years’ experience in Credit Analysis
- Leasing or Asset Finance experience
- Collections experience