Reporting to the Senior Credit Manager, the Credit Analyst has responsibility for the entire credit approval process for new loan applications. This entails the speedy completion of credit scoring templates and interpretation of credit and financial results from same; discussion of results with Borrower/Accountant/Broker to help determine the most accurate credit score; presentation, discussion & recommendation of cases to Head of Credit and/or Credit Committee; and assisting the wider Finance team in posting loans to the site and managing credit Q&’s.
- Fully complete the credit process for individual Irish SME loan applications of up to €300k
- Presentation of case to Head of Credit/Credit Committee with overall recommendation and suggested structural changes if need be;
- Directly manage relations with all key stakeholders including potential borrowers, accountants and intermediaries, credit reporting agencies, other team members.
- Maintaining credit ownership for each application approved through the entire process; Maintaining and recommending on-going improvements to the corporate credit policy and overall credit evaluation process.
- 2-3 years SME/Corporate Credit analysis experience,
- Direct experience managing potential Borrowers and multiple stakeholders (internally and externally),
- Strong, energetic work ethic and ability to make independent decisions and recommendations.
- Pro-active attitude, willing to assist other departments and team members/Management as need be.
- Solution oriented, willing to look at solutions and think outside of the box in delivering proposals which meet both business and credit objectives.
- Business and/or Accounting degree
- Invoice Finance/Leasing/Asset/Secured and/or Agri Finance experience