This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and energetic person to lead the development of a compliance framework of a newly created Government Agency including the education of key stakeholders. The role will favour a self-starter and process orientated thinker used to working across all business units. The Agency requires someone who is willing to design, plan and execute a compliance framework.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will ensure effective management of compliance and Government reporting.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this is a hands-on role that offers significant responsibility and opportunities for the right candidate to advance their career and support the strategy of the agency.
- Manage the corporate governance and regulatory requirements of the Agency including oversight of compliance with the Code of Practice for Public Bodies and the day to day management of compliance
- Ensuring all obligations laid down by the Department of Housing, Planning & Local Government are met including evaluation and completion of compliance checklists and including the completion of any compliance reporting
- Act as a control and advisory function for the Agency and support the Head of Finance
- Manage the LDA’s legal obligations under Freedom of Information Act and Data Protection Act
- Act as Data Protection Officer in drafting and updating policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Data Protection Laws including undertaking data protection compliance monitoring activities
- Assist in management of internal audit by identification and escalation of issues where testing has identified non-compliance
- Review the publication of the Agency’s policies and disclosure requirements
- Conducting annual reviews of policies and suggesting updates for changes in legislation
- Manage any compliance audits by relevant bodies and participate in projects as required
- Design and deliver compliance training to business units
- Participate in recruitment of team members, supervise any staff assigned to you, including the coaching and mentoring of team members, performance management, etc.
- Undertaking other duties as delegated
Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous hands on experience in a compliance role and ability to “roll up sleeves” and take ownership of compliance function
- Track record of working to own initiative and delivering outcomes to a professional standard
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Superior investigative and resolution techniques
- Minimum 2years years’ experience with data protection
- Experience working to tight deadlines and experience interacting with senior management
- Relevant 3rd level or professional qualification in law or other relevant discipline
Task and solution orientated
Problem solving skills
Self -motivated and focused
Ambition to lead compliance function
Ability to work independently and collaborate across different functional teams
Strong written and verbal communication skills with clarity of delivery.