- To identify, assess, monitor and report on compliance risk in two key wealth management divisions of a MiFID firm.
- To oversee and contribute to the Compliance Risk Assessment for these divisions on an ongoing basis to ensure that the objectives, focus and scope of compliance monitoring and advisory activities remain valid.
- To ensure that the Compliance Monitoring Plan is continuously reviewed and prioritised and that scheduled monitoring is undertaken with findings reported and followed up on.
- To drive a strong compliance culture throughout the Group.
- To provide accurate, consistent and timely advice to the business on an ongoing basis, including; responding to ad hoc queries; providing inputs to projects; advising on new products and business proposals; contributing to policy documents; and providing training as appropriate.
- To liaise with regulatory bodies on matters ranging from inspections to day to day queries.
- To be responsible for the collation of regulatory reports as required.
- To lead and develop one or more compliance professionals.
- To report on a regular and timely basis to the Deputy Head of Compliance.
- To prepare more formal quarterly updates for the Head of Compliance for the purposes of reporting to the Risk & Compliance sub-committee of the Board.
- To monitor upstream regulatory developments and assess impact, participating in project groups to prepare for implementation and communicating preparedness and risks as appropriate.
- 5+ years working in compliance in an investment firm with a thorough working knowledge of MiFID II.
- Professional Certificate/Professional Diploma in Compliance