The Board of our client retain overall responsibility for ensuring they are compliant with all relevant codes and legislation, including the Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears and the Consumer Protection Code.
The head of the compliance function and relevant PCF is the Head of Finance & Compliance. The Head of Finance & Compliance has responsibility for implementing the Board-approved compliance programme which includes monitoring and testing of compliance and associated reporting to management and the Board. The Head of Finance and Compliance is also the Board-appointed Money Laundering Reporting Officer under the Board-approved Anti-Money Laundering (AML) programme.
Reporting to the Head of Finance & Compliance, the Compliance Manager will be responsible for managing the Compliance function, developing and delivering the Board-approved Compliance programme and reporting to management and the Board. The Compliance programme includes the AML programme.
Key activities/deliverables include:
- Continued review and implementation of the Compliance Programme.
- Identification, analysis and risk assessment of all relevant codes.
- Continued review, implementation and management of programme to monitor compliance with relevant legislation and codes of conduct.
- Responsible for reporting and communication to management and Board.
- Full ownership of compliance management tools.
Central Bank of Ireland Reporting/Relationship
- Ownership of formal responses to Central Bank of Ireland enquiries and themed inspection reviews/visits.
- Main point of contact with the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Responsibility for review of regular Central Bank of Ireland reporting (e.g. Conduct of Business Return).
Compliance Culture/Change Management
- Drive compliance culture and agenda across the business.
- Work with Operations functions to develop and deliver best possible approaches to achieve business objectives while ensuring that the business operates in line with relevant legislation and codes of conduct.
- Interpret and advise the Board and senior management team on the operational impact of regulatory changes and the regulatory impact of operational changes.
- Ensure appropriate compliance training completed by all relevant staff.
Anti-Money Laundering / Countering Terrorist Financing
- Full ownership of AML processes for Client
- Ensure AML/CTF risk assessment, policies and procedures are appropriate and implemented across the business.
- Manage transaction monitoring and screening processes undertaken by Client and by outsourced service providers.
- Manage the Compliance Team ensuring appropriate team objectives are set and achieved and the team is sufficiently resourced, skilled and developed.
- Ensure Compliance policies, procedures and tools are appropriate and implemented.
- Provide subject matter expertise on compliance related matters as part of the Management Team.
- Drive compliance related-projects.
- Liaise with Lone Star compliance team and Internal Audit as appropriate
- Assist with companies compliance with GDPR and data protection requirements.
- ACOI and/or audit-related qualification (e.g. Chartered Accountant).
- 5+ years’ compliance experience at management level within the Financial Services industry.
- Strong knowledge of Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears, Consumer Protection Code and Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing legislation.
- Proven track record dealing with the Central Bank and/other regulators is essential.
- Excellent organisational, communication and analytical skills.
- Proven experience of managing and motivating a Compliance team.
- Experience of working in a cross-functional environment (Operations, I.T., etc.) and with outsourced providers.
- Ability to work on own initiative and meeting tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and adaptable in a fast moving environment.
- Ability to influence others to achieve compliance objectives