Community Liaison Specialist
Servisource, on behalf of our client are currently seeking a Community Liaison Specialist for their Powergen Development Business Unit on a permanent basis.
The role will be based in the Midlands and will report to the Communications & Stakeholder Manager.
The successful candidate will support the Communications, Advocacy and Stakeholder Management aspect of the Powergen Development programme in support of the development of renewable energy projects.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Meet and engage with relevant individuals and communities on a proactive and reactive basis throughout the project lifespan
- Act as the front line of engagement by (a) introducing the project; (b) acknowledging and recording on SharePoint queries/concerns/issues; (c) following up with answers and responses (d) facilitating ad hoc meetings of project staff with relevant groups or individuals; (e) generally ensuring compliance with Code of Practice for wind farm development and the Lobbying Act; (f) distribution of project newsletter; (g) introducing and following up on Community Gain and NearNeighbour schemes where relevant;
- Support the organisation of and participate in public consultation events, public clinics, community engagement fora, project information office, Meet-the-Buyer events and ad hoc community events;
- Support Land Title Specialist with Land Title work and proactively engage with registered title holders (or next of kin) to ensure project Land title area is clean;
- Support the advocacy programme for example by organising site visits for relevant groups or individuals. Support community energy outreach;
- Provide relevant reports to Line Manager; supply relevant information for regular updates of project websites; participate in internal project specific communications meetings; support project development as required e.g. ground-truth all sensitive receptors within a defined radius of project;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Experience in a community focused role is essential;
- Experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously is essential;
- Experience in the Renewables area and strong knowledge of construction industry is desirable;
- Demonstrable track record of successful local community level engagement is desirable;
- Good communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills, and be flexible in terms of availability for community engagement outside of normal hours;
- Basic report-writing ability.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org