The role holder will be responsible for the Retail portfolio in arrears, minimising bad debts through stringent credit control and ensuring adequate provisioning for a growing portfolio. The role holder will work within and contribute to a strong controlled environment, incorporating financial controls and procedures, legislation and risk management.
- Responsible for the collection and the maintenance of account receivables: contact customers, follow up on payments and engage late payers to maximise collection efficiency.
- Manage inbound and outbound telephone calls while processing the daily direct debit unpaid file
- Manage the 0 – 90 days in arrears queue together with Default / Legal (90+ days in arrears) cases
- Process Visa Debit/ Laser Card payments and the represented direct debits
- Upload the next day’s Direct Debit unpaid file
- Process the collections administration relating to Contra settlements, invalid bank accounts, address changes and bank account changes
- To provide cover as needed for the team
Key Person Requirements
- 2 + years’ experience in negotiating with customers and identifying restructuring situations
- Ability to deal with customers confidently and in a professional manner
- Awareness of the Code of Conduct, Hire Purchase Terms and Conditions, Section 54 and Termination process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate and document the rationale for decisions, an ability to manage difficult conversations and problem solving capabilities
- Knowledge of managing customers, particularly those with deteriorating financial positions
- Ability to work within a small team and collaboratively with colleagues
- Good level of numeracy and strong Microsoft suite skills
This is an MCC impacted role. Applicants must have a relevant qualification (APA Loans or QFA) with their CPD requirements up to date.
Terms & Conditions
This is a full time temporary position. A competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualification level will be offered to the successful candidate