Our clients are looking to expand the team with software developers that can advance not only the functionality of the platform, but also keep a strong focus on the operational challenges around keeping thier solutions reliable, as thier solutions evolve.
- Contribute to continuous integration and code deployment for large scale software releases.
- Review and ensure designs and implementations follow fault-tolerance and security best practices.
- Coordinate with multiple engineering and ops teams as well as customer support teams.
- Passion and demonstrated experience in improving the reliability and operational automation of complex, multi-tier systems.
- Care about agility as much you care for scalability and availability.
- Continuous deployment keeps us focused on incremental releases. Even our biggest technical achievements roll out piece by piece, feature flagged out of sight.
- Develop necessary tools and processes and integrate with cloud services or third-party tools to make infrastructure and solution management a non-issue, especially clusters, job scheduling and storage systems.
- Develop, deploy and monitor cloud and on-premise services to meet and exceed service-level agreements with stakeholders.
- CI/CD pipeline automation
- Infrastructure automation
- Systems engineering
About the Individual
We are seeking candidates with strong communication and problem-solving. Self-starters that can participate in an autonomous team environment with can-do approach required automation orientated. We are looking for candidates to be proud of what they work on, obsess about the quality of the work they produce. Ideally, youve been part of teams that have built exciting PaaS and/or SaaS products in your previous roles and loved the satisfaction that comes with knowing that people around the world are using something youve created. We are looking for a DevOps enthusiast. You can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on the product and/or the team. Join us to do the best work of your career.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working as part of team adhering to agile principles
- Exposure to micro-services architecture and reactive architecture principles.
- Strong Java development experience in real time distributed computing environments; Python and Bash scripting skills helpful.
- Experience working on product that deploys to on-premise VMWare based environments through to exposure and experience of working on product deployed as a Service.
- Experience beyond usage of Docker and container management systems like Kubernetes in production.
- Experience deploying applications to heterogeneous environments: cloud, on-prem (private cloud), and end-user (developer, car).
- Experience maintaining distributed systems in production with critical data availability requirements (Kubernetes based solutions, Kafka etc.).
- Experience with addressing performance issues across the whole stack from applications to operating systems.
o Staple technology employed for which experience is required;
- Cloud automation experience
o Ansible (or other IaC tech)
- General tech you would be working with
o Good scripting skills (e.g. Bash, Groovy, Python)
o Comfortable with Linux
- Experience building business critical large-scale systems with extreme availability.
- Experience securing infrastructure
- Experience with large scale storage systems (cloud and on-prem, NAS).
- Experience maintaining web application clusters.
- Experience maintaining systems in AWS or equivalent cloud provider services
- Experience with monitoring large cloud systems.
- Experience securing infrastructure (AWS permissions, S3 architecture).
- Experience with cloud operations tooling (Salt Cloud, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.) and custom orchestration.