Cpl Healthcare in partnership with the MidCentral District Health Board in New Zealand are recruiting a Clinical Psychologist with experience in General Adult Mental to join their team in Palmerston North.
- To work as a key member in the multi-disciplinary team providing assessment, therapy and consultation for clients referred to the Service.
- To provide a high standard of clinical psychology practice and clinical expertise contributing to the provision of an efficient an effective service for General Adult Mental Health Service, Palmerston North/Feilding catchment area.
- To support colleagues and assist in the training and ongoing teaching of intern clinical psychologists.
Competencies are the skills, knowledge and attributes required to be fully competent in this position. There will be a programme available for appointees to meet competencies where a need for continued development is identified.
For the purposes of selection essential competencies have been identified, and decisions will be made based on the ability of applicants to meet these:
- Understanding of, and demonstrated commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti O Waitangi/Treaty of Waitangi and the principles of cultural safety in health care and sensitivity to the needs of clients from other cultures.
- Have a minimum of a Masters Degree in psychology from an accredited educational organization and an accredited Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology, or equivalent qualification.
- Be a NZ Registered Clinical Psychologist or eligible for immediate registration.
- Be affiliated with appropriate professional body or willing to belong to same.
- A strong commitment to delivery of quality mental health services and client participation.
- Be able to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Have good personal skills and relate well to clients including children adolescents and their families.
- Have experience and knowledge in psychiatry/mental illness and mental health services.
- Hold a current Driver's Licence.
- Meets the statutory and organisational requirements for working with children, as per the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and MidCentral District Health Board policy, including a satisfactory police check and other safety checking processes.
FURTHER DESIRABLE CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience in working in community mental health.
- Familiarity with relevant legislation and policies pertaining to this field of practice.
- Previous experience in working in a multi-disciplinary service.
- Able to demonstrate experience and ability in team leadership.
The annual salary for the position will be negotiated within the salary range applicable to the Psychologist Multi-Employer Collective Agreement or the Public, Allied and Technical Health Employees Collective Employment Agreement.
HOURS OF WORK
Total hours of work will 40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will be offered a relocation allowance of up to $5000 (NZ).
For further information or for a detailed job specification, please call Stephen on +353 (0) 1 4825424 or by email at email@example.com