CLERICAL OFFICER – ATHLONE – 6 MONTH FTC
Our client, a public sector body, wishes to hire a clerical officer on a 6-month contractual basis. The duties can be extremely broad based, varies greatly and may change from time to time depending on requirements. The Clerical Officer will be responsible for the day to day administrative functions of the office under the direction of the assigned supervisor/manager. This is a 6-month FTC with a view to extension paid inline with public sector pay scales.
- Provide administrative support to the management and staff within the centre
- Provide a professional and friendly approach in dealings with all stakeholders
- Perform front office/day to day reception duties – i.e dealing with information requests and queries via telephone, email or face to face, arranging appointments, ordering stationery, stock, process receipt of goods and invoices, follow up on outstanding invoices, process incoming and outgoing post, organise upkeep and repair of centre equipment in consultation with staff and management etc.
- Other general administrative duties e.g. data input, filing, archiving, photocopying, printing, centre/building upkeep
- Answer main telephone lines, direct enquiries, take and distribute messages, process emails
- Implement and maintain agreed administrative procedures
- Assist in the preparation of any documentation, reports or returns to the appropriate bodies
- Maintenance of the annual leave system
- Manage the online room booking system
- Input and maintain records on the management information system including the entering of data at registration, following up with all stakeholders in a timely manner, providing reports as requested, updating data regularly to include certification, completion and outcome data while at all-times ensuring that the data retained is GDPR compliant
- Assist with all preparation for events (e.g. Awards Nights, Information days etc.) and attend and participate in events when required.
- Preparation for planning meetings, marketing, promotion, organisation of external catering, processing of invoices.
- Monitor and assist with budgets as required
- Acquire quotes, order and maintain supplies in line with LWETB finance procedures
- Assist in the promotion and set up of new courses
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment and comply with H&S Regulations
- Any other adhoc duties.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Leaving Certificate or higher
- Excellent communication, organisational and presentational skills.
- Attention to detail, prioritisation and deadline orientated
For more information, please send CV’s to Clara.Obrien@cpl.ie for consideration.