Insurance Claims Handler
- Our company is a market leader in providing claims handling services, assistance services and speciality risk products.
- We currently have a vacancy for an experienced insurance Claims Handler in our Travel Claims Department.
- The Claims Handler role is at the forefront of the claims business and requires an individual to be able to demonstrate considerable flexibility and commitment.
- Promote and ensure top quality technical claims handling to ensure Company targets are consistently met, thus ensuring our customers are provided with a first class service.
- The Claims Handler must have a minimum of 1 years previous experience working in an insurance claims environment, and full APA accreditation is a distinct advantage for this role. Working hours are Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
- Achieve full APA accreditation through the III
- Handle customer enquiries politely, meeting standards of customer service excellence in accordance with the KPIs set by the Team Leader and Claims Team Manager
- Register new claims, provide advice on the claim processes involved; collecting all relevant information to proceed with a claim
- Assess and decision claims including payments and declines ensuring Consumer Protection Code is adhered to at all times
- Ensure fair settlement of valid claims
- Give advice on policy coverage
- Handle any complaints associated with a claim
- Investigate potentially fraudulent claims
- Identify and follow up on all recovery avenues
- Complete all administrative and filing duties
- Register and authorise Outpatient Medical Claims
- Pull together the work necessary to allow more complex cases to be decided upon and actioned, after technical or specialist input
- Liaise with various internal departments
- Make a positive input to the teams effectiveness, so that work systems and processes are altered and improved.
- Adhere to the Companys procedures in accordance with the Consumer Protection Code and all relevant Data Protection regulations
- Provide back-up and support to other Operations functions as required
- This is not an exhaustive list and we expect the person to demonstrate their individuality and innovativeness and use any particular skills as the need arise.
- The successful candidate must have achieved or be working towards APA qualification
- Minimum of 1 years claims experience required
- Ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution. Commitment to continuous learning.
- Technical knowledge of typical travel insurance products a distinct advantage.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the insurance market, the basic insurance principles and the ability to apply them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good planning and organisation skills in order to meet timescales.
- Good numerical skills and literacy skills including Microsoft Office suite
What we offer in return:
- A competitive & progressive salary
- Several annual and monthly monetary recognition rewards
- Service recognition rewards
- Genuine opportunity to develop & advance within the company via paid further educational opportunities and becoming a member of a recognised professional body
- Structured roster for shift work notified weeks in advance
- A fun working environment & culture that promotes collaboration and initiative-taking
- Social outings and social clubs
- City centre location working for a large global company
- Other benefits that become realised with service