Working as part of a multidiscipline engineering department, this position will provide the successful candidate, with the opportunity to work on a wide range of capital expenditure and maintenance projects which require civil and/or structural engineering designs as enablers for safety improvements, environmental improvements, or process improvements.
The candidate will liaise with mechanical and electrical/instrument project leaders and stake-holders and identify the civil and structural designs required to support their capital or maintenance projects.
The candidate will:
- Perform all required structural/civil design calculations
- Task experienced draftsmen to complete civil/structural drawings and approve same drawings, write detailed civil/structural scopes of work complete with all design details, standards and specifications to enable our in-house Contract Alliance to implement the projects in the field
- Liase with the contractor, and our contractor facilitators, before, during and after construction, to ensure full understanding of the scope, accurate and complete implementation of the scope, and value for money.
- Degree Qualified civil engineer, with at least 5 years design experience in a civil / structural engineering role
- Experience in structural steel and reinforced concrete structure design essential
- The candidate must have the ability to design from first principles, convert the design to sketches to pass to the mechanical draftsmen, and produce accurate budget estimates for implementation of the design
- Natural problem solver with strong engineering aptitude - Excellent communication / interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic with the ability to integrate quickly into a team environment and work on own initiative
- With a very competitive salary this position offers excellent opportunities for career development in a highly successful company.