Servisource, on behalf of our client are seeking a Civil Engineer for their Powergen Development Business Unit on a permanent basis.
The role will be based in Newbridge,Co.Kildare and will report to the Projects Manager.
The successful candidate will work as part of the engineering team in the provision of a professional project and civil engineering service to Powergen Development and deliver assigned projects.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Support the Projects Manager in the delivery of professional project and civil engineering services to the Powergen Development Business Unit to meet its specified requirements.
- Ensure that projects are appropriately planned, designed, delivered on time, within budget and in accordance with specifications and meeting regulatory and Health & Safety standards;
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders, in the various stages of project development to achieve project goals. Provide engineering input into site selection for projects including site suitability criteria such as site access, site drainage, geotechnical suitability, component delivery route assessments. Participate in public information and consultation processes and other development activities. Where required take ownership of and manage relevant aspects of the projects;
- Lead the provision of civil engineering input into a range of activities including preplanning and planning stage project designs and prepare civil engineering designs and method statements for site and project specific requirements. Support the development of projects through conception, planning, procurement, financing and construction and commissioning phases to full operation. Develop and manage engineering project budgets and schedules. Prepare, or manage service providers in preparing, preliminary health & safety plans, tender and contract documentation including specifications, bills of quantities, drawings, etc. Complete tender assessments, participate in contract negotiations and in contractor selection. Propose and evaluate value engineering proposals. Ensure any engineering and other risks are properly assessed and appropriately mitigated in the project solutions proposed and implemented;
- Supervise project sites and manage contractors and other engineering service providers. Ensure that works are carried out in accordance with contract documents. Ensure compliance with Health & Safety and Construction Regulations and Construction Quality Assurance. Ensure appropriate site processes and controls are in place for proper coordination, monitoring and recording of all work and report on project progress, key issues and risks at required intervals. Monitor project programmes to ensure delivery of milestones and works on schedule ensuring remedial actions are taken to recover project overruns to deliver project on schedule. Assess and negotiate interim and final accounts. Manage project or contract variations, ensuring relevant information is recorded and any contract disputes are managed in accordance with appropriate procedures. Prepare reports including monthly progress reports, minutes, cost reports, specified engineering works, construction quality assurance reports, and validation reports;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health, Safety and Welfare of themselves, fellow employees and members of the public. Identify, understand and apply all Health & Safety legislation and regulatory requirements as a fundamental element of any construction design or undertaking ensuring safety of employees and members of the public during construction, testing, commissioning and operation;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Level 8 Civil Engineering Degree;
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role;
- Civil engineering design, contract documentation, renewable energy, project management capabilities, bog/peat drainage design and implementation;
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, GIS and Surveying.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org