To provide science and technology expertise in the field of cell culture technology engineering for the development and optimisation of proteins manufacturing processes, and the provision of technical support to manufacturing operations.
Pfizer’s product portfolio comprises multiple protein and vaccine biopharmaceuticals. This laboratory-based role will focus on the development of improved processes for existing products in commercial manufacturing, and the development and characterization of products in the later stages of development programs at Pfizer. The candidate will:
- Develop and optimise robust cell culture processes via experimental investigations at 5 – 750 L production scales.
- Operation of mammalian cell culture processes up to 750 L scale within the Pilot Lab according to pre-defined procedures.
- Apply knowledge of cell culture technologies, bioprocess engineering and biochemistry to cell culture process development projects.
- Collaborate closely with analytical scientists who work on the characterization of proteins during process development studies.
- Provide technical guidance such as direction of laboratory investigational studies, process and experimental design and new technology development.
- Provide technical support to Drug Substance Technical Services when required during investigations, new process introduction or change implementation in commercial manufacturing operations. Technical support may involve trouble-shooting manufacturing-scale process problems through experimental investigations at laboratory scales of operation.
- MSc / PhD in Biotechnology / Chemical Engineering / Biochemical Engineering or other related disciplines.
- Technical fields of experience preferably to include specific knowledge and practical experience of some of the following: mammalian cell technology, biochemistry, cell biology, microbial fermentation, genetics, fluid mechanics, process modeling.
- 0-3+ years of directly relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience in designing and executing components of experimental programs in the laboratory.
- Familiar with problem-solving, risk analysis and statistical tools
- A team player by preference.
- An analytical thinker with a scientific curiosity and flair for laboratory experimentation.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written).