In partnership with its client Kenny-Whelan & Associates is currently seeking a CAD Designer for the Cork area.
This role will be to provide support to the existing Drawing Office and Engineering Project teams in the preparation of CAD drawings.
As an integral part of a design team you will be responsible for developing new drawings, amending existing drawings to reflect as built conditions in the field.
Candidates should be motivated and enthusiastic, have the ability to work on their own initiative and be able to meet deadlines and liaise successfully with clients.
- Transpose hand mark-ups on P&IDs onto Master P&IDs by hand drafting
- Produce and amend drawings in line with the site Drawing Management System.
- Participate in all activities within the drawing office. Ensure that all architectural, electrical, mechanical, civil, instrumentation, general layout drawings are at the correct revision.
- Ensure that all change management updates are captured and reflected on the appropriate drawings.
- Ensure that drawing documentation packages issued from projects are correct and are in line with site standards.
- Ensure compliance for all drawings and procedures that fall under the responsibility of the company.
- Assist with the development of draughting and documentation staff as required.
- Ensure all drawings are stored correctly in electronic and paper format and that all drawings issued and received by the department.
- Carrying as built surveys of existing P&ID drawings and ensure current drawings reflect the as built site conditions.
- Work closely with the Drawing Office Manager and Engineering Project Teams to develop solutions.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in line with Company QA & EHS Requirements and Procedures. Play an active role in the CAD Standards/Standard Operating Procedures input.
Educational / IT Qualifications
Minimum of Higher National Diploma or Higher National Certificate qualification in Engineering
City & Guilds AutoCad
Drawing Office Trained
5 years+ experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with using AutoCad.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements and current Health and Safety Regulations legislation.
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills.
- Team player, with a flexible approach.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- High Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with 3D modelling software packages would be an advantage.
- The ability to meet deadlines
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence
For further information please contact Carmel Synnott on 00 353 21 4665405 / 087 7422268 or send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org