Cpl is seeking a Buyer/Planner to join a leading international pharma company based in Dublin.
Great opportunity to progress your career joining a team dedicated to innovation and excellence. Very exciting times with newly acquired rights to a brand new, one of kind, cancer treatment drug.
The Buyer/Planner will be responsible for planning and purchasing of materials to support internal manufacturing schedules and scheduling & ordering of externally manufactured products. The successful candidate will drive the day-to-day management of suppliers to ensure the achievement of agreed delivery, quality and service to the site.
- Forecast, plan and purchase raw and packaging materials to ensure availability in line with internal manufacturing and packaging schedules and budgets.
- Forecast, plan, schedule and order externally manufactured products in line with sales demand.
- Co-ordinate transportation of materials and externally manufactured products as required.
- Communicate with other stakeholders (Warehouse, Quality, Production etc.) regarding material availability, deliveries and schedules.
- Develop and issue procedures, which will implement overall purchasing policies and strategies.
- Act as a “conduit” or “hub” of the purchasing function, often placed as the front-line contact for both internal and external supplier issues.
- Responsible for understanding and implementing purchasing contracts.
- Involvement in supplier management plans for cost reduction, benchmarking and supplier rationalisation.
- Responsible for monitoring, measuring and reporting supplier performance, in terms of delivery and cost competitiveness. To include a periodic update of corrective/preventive action where required.
- 3 -5 years purchasing experience in a Pharma environment preferred, life science background will be considered
- Have a degree in Business or related discipline
- Must have experience in management of Contract Manufacturing Organisations
- Must have ERP experience
- Must be able to travel as a requirement for this role
- Must have a high level of computer literacy
- Must have strong presentation skills and be able to deliver purchasing presentation briefings to management
*Excellent salary and package on offer
For more details please call Tim Clifford in the strictest of confidence on 016146095 or send your cv to Tim.Clifford@cpl.ie.