On behalf of our client, a global pharmaceutical company, we are currently recruiting for a Business Controller.
To provide planning expertise, financial analysis and business acumen to support effective resource allocation and robust decision making across the organisation. The Pharma Controller plays a key role linking the Finance function with the rest of the business and a critical role in providing internal business partners and stakeholders with vital insights and recommendations in financial matters that affect the strategic and operational direction of the business, together with guidance during the short and long term financial planning process. The role requires working cross functionally with a broad group of internal customers that include teams in Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Medical Affairs and various Support Functions.
The role can broadly be separated into two main areas; a business partnering role which involves the provision of financial analysis and support to the business to help the business functions achieve their overall goals and a traditional financial role involving accounting and reporting as well as financial control.
Business Partnering Role
- Business Partnering: The provision of support to budget holders across the organisation through financial analysis and advice to ensure the control and effective use of resources. Your insights and recommendations in financial matters affect the strategic and operational direction of the business. You will proactively offer financial analysis, planning & management expertise and business acumen to support effective and robust business planning, forecasting, analysis, performance tracking and compliant and accurate month-/year-end financials, closing and reporting. Will include the following;
- Provision of effective and meaningful Finance Business Partner support to our Franchise teams and other functions
- Monitoring and analysing monthly actuals and deviation to budget
- Providing periodic and ad hoc analyses, reports and data required for decision making
- Quarterly Forecasting: Preparation of quarterly forecasts for the full P&L (sales, promotion, product medical activities, grants & donations, clinical trials, overheads) and Balance Sheet (as appropriate) in conjunction with the business.
- Financial Reporting: Completion of month end/year end reporting requirements to Group in a timely manner. Ensuring that statutory reporting deadlines are met in conjunction with external auditors.
- Maintenance & Development of Internal Controls: Completion of the annual review of Internal Controls in BWise; Ensuring the controls in place are operating effectively as documented; Constantly seeking to improve, and make more efficient, the current internal control environment.
- Financial Accounting (Systems, Processes & Relationship with Shared Services Centre (SSC)): Completion of general financial accounting activities including the posting of journals; maintenance of G/L and control accounts; and the management of cashflow via the cashpool. Acting as finance liaison with the SSC in Budapest.
- Take personal responsibility for maintaining high ethical standards and operating in compliance with local and global company policies, the company Group Code of Conduct, Quality Management System and the IPHA Code of Practice for the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Identify simplification opportunities / efficiency gains by improving processes
- Ensure compliance to rules and regulations. Review and preserve financial controls and procedures
- Management of the inter-company process
- Preparation and submission of returns to statutory bodies as required, e.g. C.S.O.
- Liaise with external tax advisers as required
- Act as Segregation of Duties champion and update INVOLVE accordingly
- Super User for ForWard finance processes (SAP system)
- Involvement in cross-functional projects as a Finance representative
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a minimum of 2-3 years PQE preferred.
- Third level qualification (B. Comm. or equivalent)
- Commercial experience with a Multi-national or from a “Big 4 “ background essential
- Exposure to the application, implementation and assessment of internal controls
- Experience of developing finance processes
- Strong on teamwork and interpersonal skills
- SAP experience beneficial
If you are interested in applying for this role please call Linda on +353 1 2784671 or email email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com