Business Analyst (Procurement / Buying)
My client is one of Northern Ireland’s success stories with a number of branches spread throughout the province. An opportunity has arisen within their Supply Chain team for a Business Analyst to create competitive advantage by analysing data and then providing KPI’s to various key business stakeholders. The role is vital within the organisation and will form a key part in the establishment of continuously improving data, systems and process capabilities.
The role will include the following responsibilities :
- Providing analytics and data management support to the Category Management and Wave Sourcing teams for the allotted category, including the validation of sourcing data throughout the Sourcing Lifecycle.
- Liaise with various internal Business Units to ensure accuracy of information relating to Supplier management – pricing, incoterms, payment terms, usage, forecast and supplier data.
- Identification and recommendation of opportunities and process improvements throughout the sourcing lifecycle.
- Partner with Supply Chain Analytics and Strategic Sourcing teams to ensure analytics is being properly deployed to facilitate:
- Negotiations preparation including RFI/RFQ/RFP activity
- Informed sourcing decisions
- Supplier and internal opportunity identification
- Implementation activities
- Contract lifecycle management
- Supplier value management
- Price variance reporting and follow up
Your Education & qualifications
University degree in a relevant field such as Supply Chain, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics etc.
Your Experience & Skills
- Strong analytics skills with proven experience in data analysis and research (Or graduate with theoretical knowledge of data analytics)
- Knowledge of data quality measurements methodology and reporting tools
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Highly organized and prioritisation skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Attention to detail
- Good presentation, communication and relationship skills
- Experience of using data visualization tools such as Qlik, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI
- Knowledge of E-Sourcing Platforms
- Financial awareness and ability to assess the commercial viability of data analysis and research
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and reporting platforms
For full details on this opportunity please call Myles McKeown on 02890725633 or to apply simply use the link provided.