Due to continued success and growth, my client is looking for experienced Scientists/Biopharma Chemist to be based in our Biopharm department of their GMP Laboratory.
The role of Scientist/Biopharma Chemist is to perform a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure small and large biomolecules such as proteins, peptides, nucleotides/oligonucleotides, DNA, carbohydrates/polysaccharides and liposomes using a wide range of analytical instrumentation.
This role will work with minimal supervision, interpret analytical data in regard to acceptability and consistency and set up and maintain analytical instrumentation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform a variety of complex sample preparations
• Analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formations for stability testing and other studies for analytical testing support
• Review and compilation of results
• Performing work assignments accurately, timely and in a safe manner
• Training on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs, and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
• Education to a bachelor’s or higher level in Biochemistry or related subjects
• 2+ years’ relevant industry experience within a GMP laboratory (experience must be with Lab techniques relevant to Biopharm: ELISA, SDS-Page, Western Blot, HPLC, Capillary electrophoresis)
• 5 Years’ experience in Academia (MSc or PhD or similar) demonstrating relevant Biopharmaceutical techniques as per above
• Detailed knowledge of method validation; method development would be an advantage.
• The ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion
• A positive attitude and ability to work well with others
• The ability to write protocols and reports with minimum supervision
• Excellent attention to detail
• Be able to communicate effectively and follow detailed written and verbal instruction
For full details please contact Tina at +353 1 2784671 or email your CV in confidence to email@example.com
For a list of all active vacancies please log on to www.thornshaw.com