The Automation Technology Analyst – ATA will be a member of the Pfizer Global Supply (PGS) – Digital Plant Network team within Pfizer Digital division reporting to the site Digital Lead, providing implementation support and advanced high level technical guidance over various projects and supporting day-to-day digital plant operations. Candidate will be responsible for effective documentation reviews and ensure conformance to all Pfizer standards, PGS quality policies, and cGMPs for the generation of quality plans. The candidate will also be responsible for System Lifecycle best practices for Cyber Security standards and Configuration Management practices.
Support scope of ATA (Automation Technical Analyst):
- Provide L3 Digital Technology Support and apply site-specific knowledge to address incidents with manufacturing automation and laboratory systems and other GMP systems.
- Coordinate site infrastructure tasks at the site by liaising with global platform teams and DXC Support Services to support applications and technologies.
- Provide infrastructure expertise when sizing server capacity demands (CDP) for applications.
- Provide hardware and operating system installation support and business as usual support of devices not otherwise supported by local Site Services team to include device patching, change control, and Site GMP requirements as necessary.
- Review all plant-level requests for change management for all GMP systems servers, networks, databases, middleware, etc.
- Provide application installation and configuration technical support as necessary.
- Liaise with Pfizer Global Engineering (PGE) for local infrastructure requirements and associated technology tasks related to PGE activities.
- Ensure standardization of platforms to meet life cycle requirements.
- Provide support to the Pfizer Plant Automation Network Structure (PANS)
- Knowledge of Cyber Security architecture principles and applications used in industry for network security.
- Ensure that all equipment and facilities are maintained in a GMP-compliant state at all times.
- Participate in the 24x5 on duty call system for high priority PGS tickets and provide problem solving skills in assistance and site-specific knowledge as needed for all high priority tickets globally.
- Implement global programs for standardization and globalization of priorities.
- Ensure consistent implementation of business process automation principles and alignment of changes with project and departmental objectives.
- Work closely with project sponsors and project team members to ensure effective communication takes place throughout any project life cycle.
- Support the evaluation and implementation of new automation technologies with stakeholders.
- Apply best practices to drive efficiency and reduce risk in business processes.
- Act as the subject matter expert (SME) in site digital automation technology support.
- Implement planned maintenance tasks and back up strategies for plant digital supported systems.
- Prepare and update supporting IT assets, quality and GMP documentation as necessary.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve IT issues directly or by engaging 24x7 vendor support.
- Provide estimated project costs for upgrades and maintenance to management when necessary.
- Maintain biweekly status reports / dashboards for team leads and site technology life cycle projects and associated compliance readiness requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the ITIL operational framework for IT processes
- Ability to work and collaborate as part of larger cross functional teams and lead digital global initiatives
- Ability to remain composed under high pressure situations
- Ability to address and diplomatically resolve interpersonal conflict if necessary
- Deep knowledge of technology policies, processes and procedural development for implementations
- Deep knowledge of plant manufacturing processes using Automation and Lab technologies
- Knowledge of and intellectual curiosity to learn and adapt new automation technologies, process and business directions.
- Ability to work towards departmental objectives with minimal supervision in the day to day work environment and be adaptable to changing priorities and assignments.
- Ability to present specific site information in front of colleagues and management when necessary using MS Office 365 tools.
- Ability to participate in multiple project team meetings with suppliers and complete tasks on schedule.
- Automation Technology Analyst must have a minimum in Bachelor’s Degree within a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Technology Systems or related to Automation/Computer Engineering discipline with field and/or equivalent work experience with 2+ years in Manufacturing/Technical support service areas, preferably in the Life Sciences/Pharma industry.
Contact Lynne- firstname.lastname@example.org for more information