Automation Engineer - Permanent role
With a renowned Biopharmaceutical company based in Dublin West
Department: Engineering & EHS
Position Reports to: Site Automation Lead
About the Role:
The Automation Engineer is responsible for the support of automated systems on site. This includes the management of personnel, (external or internal) as part of the execution of equipment or facility modification or expansion projects.
You will be service orientated; delivery focused and has the ability to build rapport with key members of the Operations and Engineering teams. You will support investigations with automation subject matter expertise. You will work closely with process & equipment engineers in specifying and implementing automation changesfixesimprovement projects.
• Must be solutions orientated, delivery focused and passionate about supporting production.
• Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the maintenance and operation of automated Systems.
• Maintain the validated state of the automated systems.
• Support regulatory auditinspection as required
• Generate and maintain requirement and design specifications associated with the automated systems.
• Develop in-depth technical knowledge of the variety of automation systems on site.
• Design, develop and test software code in accordance with site coding standards and following good engineering practice.
• Implement software and systems changes on the automation systems under change management processes.
• Provide technical support to partners within Engineering and Operations for automated systems during the life cycle of the equipment.
• Manage the specification, contract negotiation, purchasing, development and installation of projects within budget and corporate guidelines.
• Participate in the development of the Automated System Life cycle documents.
• Support biannual and periodic reviews.
• Working on site Automation Systems and continuous improvement initiatives using 6 Sigma methodologies.
• Any other activities as directed by the Site Automation Lead.
• Experience of managing automation projects including external vendor management.
• Detailed knowledge of automation system architectures.
• Experience supporting DCS or PLC or SCADA or HMI systems in a manufacturing environment.
• Codingdevelopmenttroubleshooting experience with distributed control systems (DCS)
or programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
• Experience maintaining control networks and interfaces based on Ethernet and fieldbus topologies.
• Practical database experience, scripting, or general familiarity with virtualization
technologies and IT skills is desirable.
• Appropriate Engineering Qualification (preferably B.Sc. B.E. degree in engineering,
with particular emphasis in ElectricalElectronics, AutomationMechatronics, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science).
• Minimum 2 years of working experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical
or relevant GMP manufacturing environment .
• A strong knowledge of the GAMP guidelines applicable to computer system validation.
• Problem solving skills, Green Belt certification is an advantage.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• A self-starter, productive as part of a team or working independently.
What We Offer?
We are offering a permanent position with Competitive Salary & Shift Allowance plus Bonus Schemes, Healthcare for you & your family, Pension & Share Scheme, Long term Income Protection, Life Assurance, and Option to buy additional Annual Leave days. Training & Opportunity for Career Progression.
The site is close to the M50/N7/N4 and offers free parking and award winning, subsidized canteen onsite.
No Relocation Offered
You must be eligible to work in Ireland for a full time/permanent position