A vacancy now exists for a Systems Engineer. Reporting to the Automation Team Leader, the purpose of this role will be to maintain and develop the site’s control systems (Emerson DeltaV, RS3 and PLCs) and process information systems in support of current plant production and in accordance with regulatory requirements (GMP). Provide on-going engineering and troubleshooting support to production operations.
Principle accountabilities include but are not limited to :
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the site’s control and production information systems - DCS
- Support and maintain the above systems’ hardware, networks, servers and peripherals.
- Maintain the validated status of the above systems, in accordance with EU GMP, GAMP requirements.
- Support manufacturing production targets by ensuring consistent system performance.
- Conduct maintenance on the system as required.
- Provide timely response to systems / manufacturing issues.
- Keep safety and operability of the system under constant review.
- Identify, develop and deploy control and manufacturing systems projects to enhance site operations and processes.
- Generating relevant reports as requested.
- Source and purchase equipment, software and services as required.
- Other systems duties/projects as they arise
- Other project work and continuous improvement initiatives as determined by the Automation Team Leader.
Applicants must have
- Degree / Diploma in an Engineering / IT / Science discipline
- 2+ years Experience in a similar position
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate some experience in programming (e.g. PLC, DCS , VB, JAVA. Python, Web development etc.). Specific system training will be provided.
- Experience with control systems, instrumentation, IT administration or other technical discipline is highly desirable.
- Also beneficial would be experience with: Emerson DeltaV DCS, Rosemount RS3 (DCS), OSI PI, GMP regulations
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Self Starter/Motivated
Full training on all the responsibilities of this role will be provided.