Automation Controls Technician
For this role our client is looking for a strong hands-on candidate with a background in offering Electrical Automation support to production lines.
The ideal candidate will have a wide skillset in troubleshooting software/ electrical/ automation errors.
- Minimise downtime on Equipment, through fast response, effective root cause analysis and good problem-solving techniques.
- Effective analysis and elimination of recurring equipment problems.
- Take lead on Identification, quantifying, implementation and presentation of equipment continuous improvement projects.
- Co-ordinate and communicate high impacting equipment / safety issues.
- Effective completion and ongoing review of planned equipment maintenance routines.
- Experience with Visual basic and various Microsoft programmes and advantage.
- Strong proficiency in following; Allen Bradley PLC’s, Electrical (including high voltage), PC software & hardware troubleshooting, Parker motion control and vacuum systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven track record.
- Strong vision system and mechanical maintenance experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication / presentation skills.
- Ability to work on own with minimum supervision.
- A proven history of controls systems debug & upgrade work.
- Experience in identifying and leading continuous improvement projects.
This role might suit someone coming from other sectors such as Automotive or highly automated industries.
Any applicant must have an existing work permit / visa for Ireland (Stamp 4 or EU Passport) to apply. As this is a contract role, visas will not be sponsored.