The ASU Manager is responsible for managing the residential and commercial arrears portfolio to a high level of performance.
- Manage arrears accounts within the company’s portfolio to maximise account rehabilitation and minimise repossessions.
- Develop strategies, policies and procedures to support profitable growth.
- Manage the arrears portfolio to ensure full compliance with current Legal and Regulatory framework.
- Produce, analyse and report monthly on arrears targets and trends.
- Present to senior management and Lonestar/Hudson on the performance of arrears cases.
- Improve and develop portfolio analysis measurement tools to drive decisioning at a high level.
- Develop and implement arrears management policy and procedures in order to meet strategic and compliance objectives.
- Ensure that levels of skills and competence, required to meet the credit management business demands, are in place and are maintained within the Team.
- Work closely with the outsourced Arrears Support Unit Team. Devise, implement and monitor existing control procedures to ensure a strong control environment is maintained and that the team is fully compliant. Present to senior management and Lonestar/Hudson on performance and productivity metrics.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all relevant compliance requirements.
- Ensure Team members have up-to-date knowledge of all internal policies and procedures as well as Central Bank compliance requirements. Work closely with ASU Team Leaders
- and Team Members on the outcomes of Compliance and quality assurance audits, ensuring policy, quality and regulatory standards are met and any staff performance issues are identified and effectively rectified.
- Plan and forecast resourcing needs. Work closely with the HR Manager in the recruitment process as well as undertaking all recruitment interviews.
- Work closely with ASU Team Leaders to design, deliver and evaluate training programmes on a range of topics to new hires and existing team members.
- Work closely with ASU Team Leaders to develop a highly skilled fully compliant collections team that achieves quarterly targets and provides excellent customer service.
- Ensure all Team Members receive 1-1 coaching and monthly written feedback on performance and compliance adherence.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum three years’ experience working as an ASU Manager. Experience must be recent and up-to-date.
- Proven ability to manage a mortgage collections team in a demanding collections environment, in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears and other relevant Central Bank of Ireland codes.
- Excellent analytical skills and reporting skills. Proficient in the use of technologies and MIS to achieve operational results. Excellent PC skills (use of database, Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
- Excellent third party relationship management and a proven record of achieving results in the management of outsourced service suppliers.
- Proven experience in performance management. Excellent people management abilities with strong ability to motivate people to work under pressure and within deadlines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and their current implementation. Proven ability to implement and manage processes.
- APA (Loans) or Certificate in Mortgage Practice or QFA
- Ability to manage teams in a financial services operation. Excellent people management skills and use of initiative with ability to follow through and complete.
- Ability to meet collections targets within a demanding and challenging environment.
- Personable and approachable.
- Ability to motivate people to work under pressure and within deadlines.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.