An overview of the role:
The First Line Assurance Manager is a key role within the business that will be responsible for implementing and overseeing risk management frameworks and controls to ensure adherence to group risk and compliance policies. You will ensure that Financial Services matters are compliant with appropriate policies and procedures, industry risk management practices, and regulatory requirements in respect of risk and compliance.
You will effectively manage a team and be responsible for devising and executing an assurance program over activities undertaken in the business, devising effective controls and overseeing day to day activities within the AML team. You will be involved in a wide variety of initiatives and projects, including the development of new products and services.
- Ensuring that there are clear policies, procedures and controls in place covering all risks, including operational and compliance risks.
- Embedding Anti Money Laundering (AML) and other compliance policies, providing coaching and creating a strong culture in the FLOD AML Team and FLOD Monitoring and Compliance Team to ensure the ways of working are structured for success.
- Overseeing and managing the day to day performance of the AML Team across Screening, Customer Due Diligence and Transaction Monitoring.
- Maintaining the Compliance Risk Register and monitoring the action plans to address any deficiencies identified.
- Coordinating with different department managers as appropriate on compliance matters.
- Providing quality assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Financial Services control environment through the implementation of an assurance program that is flexible, adaptable and effective.
- Reporting on compliance activities, including Monitoring & Assurance and Compliance Risk and Control.
- Monitoring emerging trends relating to risk events, KRI’s or breaches of risk appetite and working collaboratively with First Line colleagues to ensure that risk management processes and controls are updated to address all changed requirements.
- Ensuring that the Risk and Control Assessment Reporting process (including reporting to senior management) is well defined and effective.
- Liaising on an ongoing basis with the Head of FS Compliance and this team, who will operate as a second line of defence, on issues related to the effective management of risk and compliance.
- Supporting the Financial Services operations management in interactions with, risk, compliance, internal and external auditors, in addition to reviewing and implementing all audit recommendations.
- Regularly reporting back to the Financial Services Director.
The ideal candidate:
- You must have a professional compliance qualification or relevant third level degree
- At least 5 years’ recent, proven experience in a similar Financial Services Risk Management role, preferably in the financial services or insurance industries.
- You must have experience and knowledge of AML industry practise and control, ideally banking.
- Experience delivering change programmes with the ability to think strategically in developing solutions and a track record of delivering projects to time, cost and quality.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and build excellent relationships across multiple business functions.
- A team player who can lead and develop their team to be excellent risk professionals.
If your experience matches the description above, please apply now or email your CV directly to Meabh.Connor@cpl.ie