(Territory: primarily All Ireland (ROI and Northern Ireland) - & UK when required))
On behalf of our client, a leading diagnostics company, we are currently recruiting for an Associate Consultant - Operational Effectiveness Consultancy for pathology laboratories
Are you an experienced applications/biomedical engineering support or biomedical scientist within pathology looking for a change in career direction?
Would you like to drive operational improvements for our pathology laboratories customers across the UK and Ireland?
Do you have a strong interest in change management and workflow/diagnostic solutions?
Does a rewarding career with a progressive, innovative business that is transforming the healthcare landscape, excite you?
The Associate Consultant - Operational Effectiveness Consultancy for pathology laboratories
will join a dynamic team of experts that is delivering technical and process consultancy solutions as part of the Technical Services group.
The OE RHC team is responsible for customer consultancy solutions, covering all business areas including Centralised Solutions, Molecular and Tissue, across the UK, Ireland and Agency countries (Cyprus, Iceland, Israel, Malta). The team is responsible for laboratory solution design and process improvement, utilising Lean methodologies and technical/workflow expertise.
At a practical level, you will provide analytical and laboratory design support to our consultant team on a wide range of projects varying in scale and complexity with the goal that you will progressively gain knowledge and expertise on developing optimised laboratory solutions. You will work closely with multiple functional teams across the business, creating solution proposals for customers and/or bid tender submissions. In particular you will collaborate closely with Sales Specialists and Customer Account Managers to develop the vision for a customer, and with Project Managers to make the solution concept a reality.
This is a field based role split between home office and weekly customer site visits as well as field team meetings and UK head office visits.
Educated to degree or equivalent in biomedical science, healthcare, commercial, technical, economics.
You will have experience working in the healthcare sector and possess a strong understanding of pathology practices, including automated laboratory pathology systems and associated data management systems.
With proven negotiation and problem solving/consulting skills and a passion for customer service, you’ll combine a flexible approach with the positive determination to seize opportunities and resolve complex challenges through to successful constructive resolutions.
Specifically you will be able to demonstrate the following technical skills:
- Familiarity with company products and instrumentation; in particular experience of Centralised Solutions, including pre-analytics, analytics, post analytics
- Knowledge of laboratory IT solutions and process mapping
- Good conceptual thinking, with strong analytical skills, at ease working with technical information (consultancy tools & methodologies) and in a clinical pathology environment;
- Strong team player, analytical and creative mindset with excellent communication/presentation skills
- Awareness of Consultancy and Project methodologies including change management, business process management including Lean methodologies
In addition, the following would be desirable but not essential:
- Product knowledge of automated solutions and IT products
- Proficient in IT tools (workflow models, Excel, Visio, RFPIO) required to deliver diagnostic proposals and solutions
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness as part of a tender sales cycle
- Understanding healthcare economics/value ideally in Diagnostics
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Linda on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail LDunne@thornshaw.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671