To work as part of the Corporate Communications Team to facilitate a positive working relationship with the media through effective management of PR events, announcements/media releases and responses in a timely manner to media and general stakeholder enquiries. To contribute to the overall success of the organisation by ensuring maximum positive coverage across all channels for our messages. A knowledge of social media tools is also important. Excellent opportunity for career progression and opportunities.
- To organise and execute press briefings/events and Ministerial announcements;
- To work with project executives and client company public relations teams on press materials for announcements;
- To work with the Regional and Operations teams on key messages and issues of media interest;
- To assist the Director of Global Communications in the execution of their role and to conduct research and prepare briefing notes as requested;
- To generate positive, clearly written copy for publications or other use i.e. speech outline, draft notes, etc.
- To manage media / journalists / public and other stakeholder enquiries and respond in a timely fashion;
- To ensure media sections of website and intranet are updated, and contribute to social media activity;
- To identify media contacts and monitor media coverage of events and announcements;
- To ensure that continuous learning and development is undertaken through informal and formal learning and participation in the Performance Management and Development Review Process;
- To demonstrate flexibility in undertaking additional tasks as may be assigned.
- To identify conferences, events of interest for attendance by Marketing Executives.
- A Third level Degree qualification is essential and/or relevant business experience;
- 6+ Months experience ina similiar role.
- A full driving license is essential;
- Excellent communication skills
- Ongoing flexibility and interest in career progression and development via opportunities, which may arise in our clients offices in Ireland and Overseas.
€23,728 per annum