The Application Support candidate will play a lead role in supporting key corporate applications and systems.
Key to success in the role will be:
• A strong understanding of application support within a complex integrated systems environment; and
•The ability to provide support and maintenance services for a range of existing and new applications and systems across the Group.
• Act as a point of escalation for a wide range of applications across; including deployment, support and maintenance where required;
• Liaise with and manage support from external 3rd party suppliers and contractors, including participation in review meetings, contract reviews and SLA tracking and reporting;
• Call logging, prioritisation and tracking numerous issues of varying severity and effectively managing the resolution of all 3rd party supplied and in-house developed applications;
• Scheduling and co-ordinating system upgrades for both internally and externally provided systems in accordance with agreed procedures;
• Ensure appropriate testing of new applications and application changes;
• Determine requirements and discuss issues with key internal stakeholders;
• Lead the gathering of requirements and delivery of change requests;
• Ensure ongoing improvements in quality of the preparation of specification documents, business requirements, impact assessments, project plans and tender evaluations;
• Support the implementation of IT projects, in particular large outsourced contracts, providing system knowledge and process understanding;
• Support the maintenance and testing of disaster recovery and business continuity; and
• Training users.
Reporting to the IS Corporate Applications Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Third Level Qualification in a Computer Science or IT related subject.
• 3+ years directly related experience in a customer facing role in a complex application environment.
• Strong people skills and developed communication skills.
•Excellent decision making skills and an ability to prioritise tasks.
• Strong analytical and problem solving capability.
• A proven ability to work effectively and positively impact the team environment.
• Experience within a regulated environment, preferably the utilities sector
• Previous experience working with and supporting business critical systems.
• Working knowledge of change management.
• Working knowledge of SQL.
- IT related qualification
- Great communication skills with a professional and enthusiastic attitude.
For more information please Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with a current CV