The Architect is responsible for the architecture design for complex systems and products, including designing and documenting technical frameworks, architectures and methodologies for Open APIs at an enterprise level.
- Responsible for architecture design for API Platform addressing security, availability, scalability and reliability concerns of the system
- Design API management solutions using Apigee to include API proxies, traffic management, security, analytics and developer portals.
- Support and influence selection and adoption of core technologies, development tools and standards in conjunction with the Senior Architect, Directors and Senior Engineering Managers
- Key contributor to defining and governing architecture standards working with the Senior Architect and other architects
- Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise, to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions.
- Development of Prototypes and Proof of Concept applications as required to prove new architectures and technologies
- Lead the development of core frameworks and services
- Communication and stakeholder management of technology and business stakeholders
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineers to support business and operational partners.
Knowledge & Skills
- At least 8 years experience in software engineering with at least 2 years in an architecture role
- Excellent understanding of business challenges around delivery of Digital solutions at pace within a large organisation;
- Ability to translate and articulate business requirements in terms appropriate to the audience; ability to determine the best technical solution to meet a business outcome.
- Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies knowledge to support the needs of critical systems and projects
- Experience with Micro Services, API Adoption and Cloud Stacks,
- Understand client business and domain. Identify opportunity for digital transformation.
- Apply vulnerability prevention methods and SSO enablement for APIs
- Ideate and provide design on Open API Implementation
- Strong experience with Apigee including Apigee Studio, Dev Portal and API Publishing
- Provide delivery & continuous integration process for APIs, Staging etc.
- Experience of SSO, OAUTH, Swagger, Swagger UI. SAML, RAML
- Should be able to derive architecture & Design Spec.
- Cater to all the aspects of the solution such as architecture, provisioning, networking, estimation and planning.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Promoted and led best practice in risk and compliance management
- Ability to dive in, understand both business and customer’s needs
- Detail oriented with a passion for Quality
- Can do, Will do attitude:You will be joining a founding team first and a large organisation second. This is exciting, you will wear many hats, some you will be familiar with and others will be an opportunity to develop.