The Accounts Payable (AP) Supervisor is responsible for managing the efficient and effective activities of the accounts payable function in a high-volume dynamic environment covering all of Client's suppliers’ island wide. The AP Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the AP team (currently comprising of 2 full time administrators and 1 temporary resource), ensuring all supplier invoices are processed in a timely fashion, supplier accounts are reconciled and payments are issued and using good communication and interpersonal skills make continuous improvement of the department including providing expertise and guidance to define or refine processes whilst playing an active role in staff development.
- Day-to-day supervision and leadership of the AP team, ensuring the following happen in a timely, accurate and efficient fashion:
o processing of payments
o handling of queries from suppliers
o adherence to procedures and processes aimed at achieving improved/best AP practice
o performing the AP monthly close and preparing monthly creditor accrual listings
o reconciliation of some balance sheet accounts
o investigation and correction of rejected payments
o cash flow monitoring
o supplier reconciliations
o invoice review and approval
o supplier payment runs (multi-currency)
o processing of intercompany charges
o sub-contractor tax returns
o other ad hoc duties
- Taking responsibility for system changes that affect AP. e.g. sub-contractors self-billing and other internal projects as required.
- Monitoring cash flow of the bank accounts, maintain up to date bank mandates and ensure bank accounts are properly controlled and perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Being an effective contributor to the companys control regime by being vigilant re duplicate invoices, attempted frauds, etc.
- Working closely with the Procurement department and suppliers to ensure our PtP processes operate at an optimal level.
- Helping to achieve discipline in business in adhering to scheduled pay runs and minimising the use of ad-hoc, urgent payments.
- Supporting the standardisation and improvement of processes, procedures, controls and systems. This may include automation of processes and activity where there is a business case for doing so.
- Supervising and leading a team which includes:
o assisting with recruitment of new staff as required
o staff training (including cross-training), development, coaching, mentoring and motivation; and
o holding regular AP team meetings.
- Being an approachable point of reference for reports.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years experience leading an AP team in a high-volume dynamic environment
- Hands on proficiency, knowledge and use of Navision ERP with proven ability to enhance PtP systems
- Experience and understanding of the PtP process
- Multiyear hands on experience using online banking for arranging payment runs, including foreign currency transactions and preferably with knowledge of sweeping
- Excellent computer skills i.e. Word, Excel
- Knowledge of sub-contractor tax, motor tax, VAT, PAYE, PRSI is desirable
- Ability to work within a team but also to work on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possess a high level of attention to detail in all aspects of the position
- Experience in multi company/Group environment is an advantage