Cpl in partnership with our client Pfizer are currently recruiting for Analytical Scientists based in their Grange Castle Site. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Pfizer Ireland Pharmaceuticals Grange Castle manufacturing plant which is situated on a 90-acre site in South Dublin. Grange Castle's state of the art technology & production expertise results in the production of quality-driven products that improve people's lives around the world.
Your New Role:
To provide analytical characterisation, method and technology development, and technical support to several functional groups including: Protein and Vaccine Process Development and pilot scale manufacturing operations, Commercial manufacturing, and the Quality and Regulatory units
- Provide analytical support to process development in bench and pilot scale production of proteins and vaccines, including sample analysis and interpretation of results. Also provide support to associated investigations, as required.
- Provide investigative support to commercial manufacturing operations.
- Become expert in the application and development of analytical methods used for the characterisation and manufacturing support of therapeutic proteins and vaccines.
- Participate in the technical writing and review of analytical documentation, and regulatory submissions and responses.
- Participate in cross-functional teams in support of late-stage development and commercial products.
- Evaluate, develop and qualify analytical technology platforms to support method improvements for use in analytical development and QC laboratories.
- B.Sc/M.Sc or higher qualification in analytical biochemistry, chemistry, biotechnology or a related disciplines
- Technical capability in several major areas of analytical sciences such as: HPLC, GC, spectrophotometry, capillary electrophoresis. Experience analysing proteins and peptides by mass spectrometry (LC-MS) an advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical industry with independent contributions as an analytical scientist through one or more of the following:
- Demonstration of problem solving ability through independent contributions to analytical method development programs
- Lead role in analytical investigative support
- Subject matter in one or more analytical technologies
- Ability to independently plan and perform work assignments, interpret and present data
- Possession of technical problem-solving abilities and communication skills
- Capability of working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- An understanding of industry specific standards/ regulations e.g. ICH, GMP, Environmental, Health and Safety etc.
- Demonstration of ability to interpret regulatory guidelines for execution of technology transfer and implementation of analytical method validations considered an advantage.
This role is initially an 11 month contract. Opportunities for contract extension and permanency are available depending on candidate performance and business needs.
Interested applicants should apply with CV and brief cover note on their suitability/motivations. Please note we can only consider applicants with unrestricted eligibility to work in Ireland (EU Citizen / Stamp 4 Visa). Any queries or to arrange a confidential chat please email firstname.lastname@example.org.