My client has an opportunity for an ambitious Accountant/Financial accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the junior accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. Significant career growth potential exists for the right candidate.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Posting of invoices, allocation of receipts and processing payments.
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Assist with preparation of cash forecasts
- Liaise with and assist the auditors in the conduct of the annual audit
- Complete reconciliations and prepare variance analysis
- Prepare VAT returns
- Part or Newly Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or CPA)
- Excellent communication skills coupled with an excellent attention to detail and excellent time management abilities
- Experience in a similar role an advantage