This year at Cpl we launched our first ever Interview Handbook, our Cpl CV Grader and had more blog readers than ever before. We’ve also had some brilliant contributions from across our recruitment teams, 3 of which are included in our most popular blogs of the year.
In 2018 we will be launching our CV Guide as well as the Cpl newsletter, for now here our 9 most popular blogs of 2017:
1. Which Sectors are Growing in Ireland? 2017
This is by far are most popular blog post of the year, and each of the 5 sectors mentioned are still growing and hiring.
2. Your definitive annual leave guide – Ireland
A handy factual blog explaining in simple terms what holiday days, holiday pay and sick pay you’re entitled to.
3. Top 7 places for Irish workers to find jobs abroad
The 7 most popular and feasible places for skilled Irish workers to work abroad, from the UAE to the UK.
4. To Whom It May Concern, Please Stop Writing Such Terrible Cover Letters
Recruiter Cara Murphy shares her top tips on how to write a cover letter that grabs attention for the right reasons.
5. Budget 2018: how your wages will be affected
A short and simple guide explaining how the 2018 budget will impact your wages in the coming year.
6. 7 mistakes you need to stop making on your CV
The 7 most common CV mistakes laid out in an infograph, from saving your CV under the wrong file name to including a photo and irrelevant achievements.
7. Why Recruiters Aren’t Responding to Your Email
Principal Executive Consultant Rebecca Brown explains why you don’t always hear back from recruiters, and what you can do to get the response you want.
8. Why you shouldn’t accept a counter offer after resigning
Did you know 90% of people who accept a counter offer restart looking for a new job soon after? Recruitment Consultant Karl Browning shares why.
9. Careers outside the lab: Alternative jobs for Scientists
Love science but hate the idea of working in a lab for the rest of your life? Suzanne Maguire offers some ideas for alternative science jobs outside of the lab.