Responsible for designing, configuring, and maintaining a secure, robust, and optimized global network environment. Collaboration with global networking team to maintain global network strategies. Coordinate with managed services as needed in support of responsibilities and maximizing uptime and availability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform installation, maintenance, and support of network hardware and software.
- Participate with project teams and determine needs, evaluate performance, cost analysis, and make recommendations for local and wide area network requirements.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensure proactive monitoring is setup along with policy, process and procedures for max uptime and availability.
- Design and deploy network management applications for global environment. Stay abreast of current technologies and solutions for operating and cost performance.
- Perform advanced administration and proactive network support to include all aspects of RAS, routing, switching, wireless, RF, Firewall and DNS.
- Provide second level support for the network environment by troubleshooting and repairing network problems as they arise.
- Provide on-call, off-hours escalation support as needed.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of network architecture.
- Provide technical direction and training to junior members of engineering staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CS, or Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience within a distributed network environment.
- Must have hands-on experience with the installation and maintenance of Cisco, Juniper and Aruba hardware and software.
- Must have experience with the design and administration of network architecture, including redundancy, high-availability, and security.
- Good understanding of network topologies wireless, and Ethernet switching.
- Experience with NAC, network support for SaaS and Microsoft Online services preferred.
- Cisco, Aruba, and Juniper training/certifications preferred.
- Experience with network management platforms preferred.
- Experience with network architecture and solution design preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.